Hi everyone! Happy (much) belated New Year. Sorry I've been absent, but I've got some other things on my mind and have been busy. Busy for what you may ask? A wedding! That's right, Will and I are engaged. We are super excited. We've started planning for the wedding and I haven't made much time for trying new recipes. But the other day I decided I needed to get some baking into my schedule. So I grabbed my new King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion and started looking for some new recipes when I came across a recipe for blondies. Usually I would quickly turn the page because I'm more of a chocolate fanatic, but any recipe that calls for almonds catches my eye. So I added some cardamom and got to baking. These are amazingly delicious little treats. Super easy to make and they will quickly disappear. I don't even have a picture to share with you. Sorry about that. But please do make these blondies.
Adapted from King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/8 tsp ground cardamom
1 cup AP flour
Sliced almonds for the topping
1) Preheat the oven to 325 F and prepare an 8x8 square pan
2) Mix the eggs until thick then add the sugar and salt until combined. Add the extracts, melted butter, and cardamom. Then slowly fold in the flour until just combined
3) Pour into the prepared pan and top with sliced almonds and place in the oven
4) Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden
5) Let cool, then slice into 16 squares and enjoy!