Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pasta with Bacon, Cherry Tomatoes, and Arugula

There has been some strange weather in Nashville lately. I think we experienced every season within a one week period. A little over a week ago it was already 90 degrees and humid. Ugh. I was not ready for that, especially with the bugs already emerging. But then all of a sudden it got cold again. I was not prepared. The majority of my winter clothing has been packed away. I was all about bare legs and flip flops. But here I am back in sweaters and socks. Oh well, I won't let this chill ruin my warm weather cravings.

So I decided to whip up a dish that would send me back to Spring. A delicious pasta dish with fresh delicious tomatoes and spicy arugula. Cooked up with bacon of course! All you have to do is fry up some bacon and then toss in some cherry tomatoes and let them do their thing as they burst in the bacon fat. Yummy! 

Pasta with Bacon, Cherry Tomatoes, and Arugula
About 6 slices of bacon cut into small pieces
1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic, smashed
A bug handful of arugula, about 2 cups
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooked angel hair pasta, 1 cup of pasta water reserved

1) Heat a pan and toss in the bacon and let fry until crispy, then drain on paper towels


2) Place the tomatoes in the bacon fat and let cook until they start to burst and then add in the garlic 


3) Add the bacon back into the pan and toss in the pasta and then the arugula and let cook slightly, so all the flavors get combined



4) Add pasta water as needed to fuse all of the flavors
5) Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment