Here's a recipe for a super easy and fast dinner. The recipe is for my version of Stir Fry Chicken with Peanut Sauce. While I can make my own peanut sauce, we have discovered a bottled version that is delicious, so when we're in a rush for dinner I forgo my own recipe and use the store bought one. I served the dish with rice and a fresh cabbage slaw.
Chicken breast tenderloins, cut into bite size pieces
Fresh or frozen veggies of your choice (I used a frozen bag of stir fry veggies)
Peanut sauce (homemade or store bought)
Splash of soy sauce
Splash of rice vinegar
Splash of sesame oil
Garlic powder to taste
1) Heat a wok or large frying pan with canola or vegetable oil, when hot add the chicken and stir while adding in soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and garlic.
2) Once chicken is almost cook through add the veggies (if fresh, remove chicken and cook veggies until tender then re-add chicken).
3) When almost done add the peanut sauce to taste and heat through.
Serve with rice. I like to use a 1/2 measuring cup to form the rice into a shape (remember we also eat with our eyes). Garnish with chopped scallions.
Packaged or thinly slice cabbage
Salt and pepper
1) Mix vinegar with honey to taste and add a tiny amount of salt and fresh black pepper
2) Pour desired amount over the cabbage and let sit in fridge while cooking the rest of dinner.