Monday, October 10, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies- A Classic

I love chocolate chip cookies, and really who doesn't? I am always willing to try a new, or old, recipe that I come across. I bought the Bon Appétit Desserts cookbook the other day. I couldn't resist the 600 pages of delicious, sweet recipes. We were having a lazy Sunday, we played some bocce ball in the park, grocery shopping, and I baked. I hadn't made chocolate chip cookies in a while and I thought that they sounded pretty good. Plus, I just bought a stackable cooling rack and I had to try that out.

These cookies were pretty good. I think other recipes I have followed have produced thinner and crispier cookies. These were a lot cakier than I am used to, but hey anything with chocolate and butter will still taste delicious.

Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from bon appétit desserts

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temp.
1 cup, packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts (optional)



1) Preheat oven to 375 F
2) Whisk together the dry ingredients in a bowl
3) In separate bowl, cream butter and sugars, then add eggs and vanilla
4) Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and combine, then add the choco chips and walnuts


5) Spoon mixture onto baking sheets


6) Bake for 10-12 minutes, until slightly browned
7) Let cool, or if you're like me burn your mouth eating the ones fresh out of the oven

No comments:

Post a Comment