Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Mom's Pot Roast

I finally was able to make my mom's pot roast and have it turn out tender and delicious! I've made it twice before and what a disaster. It was always dry and nothing like the pot roasts I remember eating when I was growing up. I learned what I was doing wrong. I needed a large roasting pan with a lid. That was the secret to it. So make sure you get a lid to trap in all the lovely juices and keep the roast tender and juicy. I made sure to add lots of vegetables and spices to add to the flavor of the roast. Yum! This dish is perfect for the chilly months ahead. It can also be made in the crockpot and will be ready for you by the time you get home from work. Who can ask for more?

Pot Roast
1 beef roast
6 large carrots
5 potatoes
3 onions
5 stalks of celery
1 can of Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup of red wine
Garlic powder, thyme, salt, and pepper to coat meat

1) Chop vegetables into large pieces and place in roasting pan (one with a lid)


2) Season the roast with salt, pepper, thyme, and granulated garlic then place in roasting pan on top of vegetables, then pour 1 can of Golden Mushroom soup on top and coat the roast. The pour red wine on top of roast


3) Place lid on roasting pan and place into 325-350 degree oven for 3 hours
4) Check for tenderness- it should fall nicely apart


5) Serve with vegetables, some bread and butter, and a glass of wine and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment