Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Watermelon Season

During the summer I am usually gone the entire time in Bolivia doing research for my graduate work. This summer I am only going down for a short season, which means, I get to feast on one of my favorite all time foods- Watermelon. For me there is nothing quite like it. They are so flavorful, yet simple, and add a refreshing addition to any meal, or as a dessert. Inspired by my favorite magazine, Bon Appetit (July 2011 addition) I created a perfect summer salad.



Watermelon and Arugula Salad
Ingredients: (Not exact, but like any salad it depends on how many your making it for)
Watermelon
Arugula
Mint (finely chopped)

Dressing:
Olive oil
Trader Joe's Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar (or any light citrusy vinegar)
Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste



Just mix all of the ingredients and you will have a salad to delight (and surprise) your taste buds.

No comments:

Post a Comment