Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cardamom Cookies

I made Indian food the other night for dinner and I recently saw a recipe for Cardamom Cookies in the September issue of Everyday Food. I thought they would be the perfect dessert with that dinner. I used cardamom seeds that I crushed myself from the pod. Which reminds me that I really need to get a spice grinder, it would make it so much easier. But despite this, the cookies were delicious. They were a shortbread-like cookie with just a touch of spice and lemon. So yummy! I even added a little crushed pistachio to the top.

Cardamom Cookies (adapted from Everyday Food, September 2011)

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsps sugar
1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
1/2 tsp ground cardamom (I used freshly ground)
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup flour
Crushed pistachio (optional)

1) Preheat oven to 375. In a bowl mix butter and sugar until fluffy. Add lemon zest, cardamom, and salt and mix. Then add flour a little at a time.
2) Form dough into 10 1-inch balls and flatten with bottom of floured glass to make circular, flat cookies. Add crushed pistachios to the top. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment