Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Homemade Fettuccine and Meatballs

Homemade pasta is one of my favorite things. I am usually not much of a pasta person, but I can't resist the delicious taste and texture of pasta made from scratch. I use the pasta recipe from my favorite restaurant back home Trattoria Grappolo who conveniently has a cookbook. I have a hand-crank pasta machine that rolls out the dough and cuts into fettuccine and spaghetti. I prefer the fettuccine because it is wider and has a little more texture, plus it is a lot easier to handle than the spaghetti. I made the marinara from scratch as well as the meatballs, although they were leftover from the night before when I made Italian Wedding Soup.


I don't have a fancy pasta drying rack. Hangers work just fine, just make sure you can hang them somewhere where they won't fall off. 
There is plenty of leftover pasta if you are just feeding two people. I had leftovers of the prepared meal and froze the rest of the uncooked pasta. I plan on making Swedish Meatballs with Buttered Egg Noodles for dinner sometime next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment