Monday, August 22, 2011

Peach-Basil Popsicles

One of my favorite desserts are popsicles, especially from the local popsicle company in Nashville 'Las Paletas'. They specialize in Mexican style popsicles in a variety of flavors. I especially like how they have popsicles that you wouldn't be able to find in the stores such as Chocolate with chili, Rose, and Hibiscus. But these aren't cheap. So for the past few weeks I have been on the search for popsicle molds. It doesn't seem like they should be that hard to find. I know I've seen them in the grocery store a million times. But of course when I go looking for them I couldn't find any! And I wasn't about to pay a bunch of money for those fancy popsicle makers. I was lucky the other day when I was in Ross and came across a set of popsicle molds, in the shape of rockets of course. As soon as I got home I was making popsicles!

Peach-Basil Popsicles

3 peaches
Fresh basil- to taste, I used about 3 leaves
Juice of one lemon
Add a little water, about 1/4 a cup, or you could use juice
Sugar to taste (or simple syrup)

1) Have molds ready
2) In blender or food processor blend peaches, pit removed of course, but I left the skins on. Then add the basil, sugar (or simple syrup) and lemon juice and blend until combined. Add water until smooth

3) Pour mix into popsicle molds, following any directions for molds, such as how much space to leave
at the top (I left too much space this first round)


4) Freeze for at least 4 hours
5) Remove from freezer and run under water to loosen and then enjoy!

They were amazing tasting! I think I ate three that night. It's basically all fruit so it's okay. Next I'll be making some Watermelon-Mint Popsicles. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment