Monday, January 9, 2012

Cowboy Boot Cookies

I decided to have some fun with my new cookie cutter set. It included some cowboy boot shapes and since I'm in Nashville, I couldn't resist making a few. And so continues my adventure with royal icing. I am getting better, although I need to steady my hand a bit and practice technique. But practice makes perfect! I used Martha Stewart's basic sugar cookie dough. I've posted the recipe before, but here it is again. This is the best sugar cookie dough recipe I have found. It is easy to work with and tastes like butter.



Basic Sugar Cookie Dough
Adapted from Martha Stewart Living Annual Recipes 2004

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour

1) Cream butter and sugar together, then add eggs, vanilla, and salt. Add flour mixture a cup at a time until incorporated
2) Divide dough into disks and wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge for at least 2 hours
3) Save until ready to use


No comments:

Post a Comment