Monday, January 16, 2012

Peanut Butter and Oat Dog Treats

This year I received the best birthday present EVER! A sweet and loving lab/hound mix named Maddie. She is full of excitement and curiosity and she loves to hang out with me in the kitchen while I bake. So I decided that something from the kitchen should be just for her. She was so happy to be able to sample one of my homemade treats, finally something I made that she could eat! And eat them she does. Since she is part lab she has a BIG appetite and she loves these treats. They are crispy and crunchy and the perfect size. They are simple to make and your dog will love them!

Peanut Butter and Oat Dog Treats
Adapted from Casa Cullen

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup oats
1/3 cup of smooth, natural peanut butter (no sugar, no salt, and no added fat)
1 1/4 cups hot water

1) Preheat oven to 350 F
2) Mix together the ingredients and knead to form a stiff dough


3) Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut with cookie cutters: I used a dog bone, squirrel, dinosaur, goose, and pig


4) Place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper and bake for 40 minutes


5) Turn oven off and let sit in oven for 1 hour then let cool completely on cooling racks


6) Give them as a treat for your four-legged friend!





No comments:

Post a Comment