Thursday, January 12, 2012

Robot, Star, and Football Cookies

I've been making a lot of cookies lately. They're easy to make and fun to decorate. Plus, who doesn't love cookies? It's a win win for everyone involved. I found these fun craft stencils the other day which must have been made with me in mind. They came in a pack of 5, which included robots and dinosaurs. Awesome! So I decided to make my usual sugar cookies and stencil on some cocoa powder to give them some character. You can use any stencil you have laying around or even make your own using a decorative whole punch or cut out your own design. You just place the stencil over the pre-baked cookie (if using cocoa powder, already baked if using powdered sugar) and sift cocoa powder and fill in the stencil. They make cookies that look time intensive, but are really easy.



I also made some star cookies with brightly colored icing. You just need to mix confectioners sugar with some almost boiling water. The measurements really depend on the thickness of the icing you want. Just add a little water at a time. I made the same frosting for the football cookies. They were for the National Championship game. A slow and bummer of a game, but at least there was plenty of food to keep me happy.








No comments:

Post a Comment