Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Autumn Produce

I find pork tenderloin to be one of the easiest meals to prepare, and one of the best. Pork tenderloin is flavorful and succulent and is easily paired with a variety of different fruits and vegetables. While wandering through the store trying to come up with ideas, my boyfriend said that he wanted cinnamon apples with the pork tenderloin. Then it hit me. Why not cook the apples with the pork? A recent issue of Bon Appetit had a recipe for pork loin roasted with apples which had been looking pretty good. So I took my inspiration from that recipe but added my own twist. Using my new roasting pan I added to it two pork tenderloins, two apples, a sweet potato, a red onion, and some rosemary to create a wonderful, comforting, Autumn dinner. Not to mention simple and easy to prepare.

Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Sweet Potatoes 
2 pork tenderloins
2 apples (I used honeycrisp), cut into large pieces
1 red onion, quartered
1 sweet potato, cut into large pieces
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
Olive oil, to coat
Salt and pepper

1) Preheat oven to 450 F
2) Place pork tenderloins, apples, and vegetables in roasting pan and coat with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper


3) Roast in oven, uncovered, for about 30 minutes, check to make sure pork is cooked all the way through
4) Let rest for a few minutes


5) Slice pork and serve with apples and veggies and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment