Friday, October 21, 2011

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Parlsey Potatoes

My boyfriend and I figured that last Sunday was going to be the last chance we had to grill for the rest of this year. We may have been right. It quickly turned to Fall weather over the past week, complete with rain and cold. I wasn't in the mood to grill burgers or anything like that so I suggested a pork tenderloin. I used to hate pork. I liked bacon and sausage, but ham and pork were never my favorite. But that all changed when my dad introduced me to pork tenderloin, and since my opinion on pork has changed dramatically. I remember telling my dad that I was found of pork and that I would prefer something else for dinner, but I sure was glad when he grilled up a pork tenderloin. It was so tender and flavorful, nothing what I expected. I have since began cooking pork tenderloin as often as I can and in many different ways. But I thought we would get back to the first way I ever had it. Roasted potatoes were a perfect accompaniment to the pork and were some of the best roasted potatoes I have made. I hope you enjoy!

Grilled Pork Tenderloin
2 pork tenderloins (they usually come in a pack of two)
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped

1) Coat pork tenderloins in olive oil, salt and pepper, and spices


2) Transfer to grill and cook, turning once, until temperature reaches 145 (the FDA lowered from 160)
3) Cover with foil and let rest for at least 5 minutes
4) Slice and serve with side of choice


Roasted Parsley Potatoes with Shallots
8 or more red potatoes, quartered
3 shallots, cut into large pieces
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
Chopped fresh parsley

1) Preheat oven to 400 F
2) On a baking sheet lined with foil, coat potatoes and shallots with olive oil, salt and pepper, and parsley


3) Roast, turning once, for about 25 minutes, or until tender

No comments:

Post a Comment